Re: Beware of (no) debug...

> By default, debugging seems to be turned on (--enable-debug and CFLAGS
> += -g). Guess what I need to do, if I want my build to be faster...
> yeah, I'm switching to "release" build, that means, --disable-debug.

In stable GARNOME, --disable-debug has been the default for quite a
while now.

> I've had some serious critical problems with stable Evolution (1.4.6)
> and GTK+ compiled with --disable-debug. It crashed when attaching image
> files to the Evolution's Composer...

Welcome to assert country, did you find the file chooser or the
preferences window crashes yet :) .

Some of the guys in #garnome on IRC helped me track this one down --
basically, glib and gtk+ are compiled with --enable-debug=minimum and
evolution, e-d-s, libsoup and gtkhtml are compiled with --enable-debug.

(gal doesn't seem to care if it's got debugging on or not)

If you want to see the thought processes I used for turning debugging
off, check patches 47-49 from my arch repo.

Regards,

Paul