Garnome newbie wants to get involved

Hello

I finally have a working and stable Gnome 2.6 environment on debian
woody, thanks to garnome. This rocks! Many thanks to all developers!

However, to get there I had to fixe some niggles and bugs, most were
related to GCC 2.95 issues. Some however were possibly upstream bugs
which should be fixed soon. One example was, that libsmooth.so was
unloadable because the symbol GTK_IS_COMBO is no longer defined. I fixed
it by editing the sources in gnome_themes_extras.

Other issues were a broken mozilla (debian specific) and thus no Epiphany...

Now my question:

How am I supposed to submit the patches? Shall I do that with the
upstream gnome bugtracker? Or should I contribute patches to the garnome
trees somehow?

am am really new to this, so bear with me ;)

have fun,

* André