Using distcc to compile garnome

After reading the following article.
http://www.csh.rit.edu/slashdot/distcc.html I got really interested in
distcc. And I really really liked it, it rocks. My roommates have those
above 1 GHz boxes. While I have this measly 800 duron. Building garnome
on my box is no fun.

To set up your own is really simple:
1. Burn the distccKNOPPIX iso's
http://opendoorsoftware.com/cgi/http.pl?cookies=1&p=distccKNOPPIX

2. Put those in your roommates PC's after stending them on a random
errand. Write down their IP adresses which you can get by running the
'ifconfig' command (Home network required :))

3. Get distcc rpm's somewhere for you favorite distribution. (apt-get or
google). And install those on you own box.

4. Put the following lines in your gar.conf.mk
#distcc
CC = distcc

7. Set the distcc host environmenvariable where you enter the ip
adresses of you roommates PC's. In my case this is:

        export DISTCC_HOSTS='192.168.0.206 localhost/1 192.168.0.211'

6. run 'make -j8 install'

7. There is a monitor program on which you can see what is going on
'distccmon-gnome' Really cool to watch.
http://home.wanadoo.nl/sbm/pictures/Screenshot-Distccmon-gnome-1.png

Good luck,
MM