Re: gedit in garnome 0.27.1

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 22:17, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > As previously reported,  whenever I'm trying to run gedit, it doesn't
> > run.  I tried running it from a terminal window, and I get the following
> > output:
> >
> > bash-2.05b$ gedit
> >
> > ** (gedit:1192): WARNING **: FIXME: Need to shutdown linc connections ...
> >
> > ** (gedit:1192): WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 3 refs.
> >
> > ** (gedit:1192): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 28 refs to ORB objects were
> > leaked
> >

> > Do I need to report this somewhere?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark
> >

> I've now tried re-installing the ORBit package as per a suggestion on
> this list, I've also re-built the linc package as it was mentioned in
> the error above.  However, I'm still getting the error messages above
> when I try to run gedit.  Does anyone have anything else to suggest?

I didn't mean to suggest rebuilding those would help. I think it is just
debugging output meant for the developers. I think you can safely ignore
those warnings. I get them with a variety of programs without having
problems with them.

The question is why gedit doesn't work for you. Running it through gdb
or strace are still my only suggestions...

Cheers,
Jens