RE: GARNOME 0.27.1 Patchset available

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 02:23, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Martijn Brouwer [mailto:eambrouwer myrealbox com]
> > >
> > > Definitely not applied. ;-)
> > >
> > Why? I build garnome on two systems, with this very nice patch.
>
> garnome is meant mainly for testing GNOME, so it's not a good idea to patch
> GNOME, or people would be testing something else instead.

Agreed, I wasn't actually advocating this patch for inclusion -- it had
been talked about on the garnome list for a while and I thought i'd toss
it in, in hindsight I should have listed it under 'Optional' patches.

Although, it has made at least _one_ of my co-workers say 'why doesn't
Windows have a file menu like that, at least I understand that one'

Regards,

Paul