Re: GARNOME dependancy list extension on Debian stable

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 21:47, Aidan Delaney wrote:
> Hey all,
> 	I'm interested in building GARGNOME on Debian stable.  The
> package list on you web page (http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/) is
> not complete.  So far I can extend it with the following packages
> 	* flex (and I installed bison fo the hell)
> 	* the libhermes references is incorrect, it should be hermes1-
> dev
> 	* gcc 3.x is _required_ for reasons described in this lists'
> archive

The changes you need to do to make it build with 2.95 are trivial. It's
a bug if it doesn't build with 2.95. All the ones I have come across are
already fixed in CVS.

> 	* the package prviding chunk-common.xsl is _required_ ( I think
> it's docbook-xsl)
> 	* g++ is needed for gnome-desktop meta build
> 	* m4 is needed

I think gcc, g++, flex, bison and m4 are all part of the "sane GNU tool
chain" mentioned before the other requirements.

> Furthermore I'm sure you're all aware that the URL for freetype and
> rederer from freedesktop.org is incorrect.  I should not be
> #MASTER_SITES = http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~fontconfig/release/
> and should be
> MASTER_SITES = http://pdx.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/releases/
>
> I have a build problem at the moment which hopefully I'll have sorted
> by the morning.  Otherwise expect an email or two :)  Lastly, thank you
> very much for this fantastic build system.

Yes, it _does_ rock.