Re: gnomemeeting: error compiling (solution or skip?)

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:40:38PM +0200, rolf deenen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having quite some problems trying to install the gnomemeeting package in
> garnome. After "configure" requesting me to install the necessery
> dependencies (openldap, openh323 and pwlib) gnomemeeting finally started
> compiling. But after some time i am recieving the following error:
>
> /root/garnome/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined reference to
> `FT_Get_BDF_Property'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [gnomemeeting] Error 1

Looks like freetype isn't getting linked with fontconfig, but it should
be an automatic dependency.  Adding
LDFLAGS += -lfreetype
to the Makefile is a quick, but effective fix, but you may want to
reinstall fontconfig.

> Anybody have a clue as to what this may be. I allready searched the archives
> and on google but found none. So, i'm a bit afraid that this is quite a
> difficult problem. Since I have no real need for gnomemeeting (but it would
> be nice to look at) i would like to know if it's possible to, continue the
> installation by skipping the gnomemeeting installation.

Just comment it out in the gnome-desktop Makefile (it's the last one.)

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762