Re: Problem installing Epiphany

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 00:40, Dominic Kramer wrote:

> The problem is that I have Mozilla 1.4 installed in /usr/local/mozilla.
> However, I do not know how to point Garnome in the correct place to find
> mozilla.  As a result, garnome finds the old version of mozilla I have
> and Epiphany won't install.  I should be able to edit
> the Makefile under garnome-0.27.1/gnome/epiphany to point Garnome to
> /usr/local/mozilla to find mozilla.  However, what do I change in it?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can just tell epiphany's configure what prefix
mozilla's. The check that's failing just checks "mozilla-config
--version" in your path, and I guess /usr is first, so you'll have to
modify PATH in gar.conf.mk.

Pretty sure it's going to look for gtk-mozembed stuff right after, and
that's checked with pkgconfig so you'll also have to make sure
PKG_CONFIG_PATH points to /usr/local before /usr.

# This is for foo-config chaos
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

Change the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to something like
"$(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig"

Not done yet either, LD_LIBRARY_PATH will also have to have
/usr/local/lib before /usr/local. I think you could do this with LDFLAGS
in the epiphany Makefile if you wanted too.

There may be a way cleaner way to do this that I'm just not aware of,
but hmmm, building mozilla with garnome is suddenly seeming like a
pretty handy thing to me.

--Matt