RE: Epiphany won't compile

Dude -

Yeah I've run across this myself on my slackware 9.0 system as well. I've
always had problems building garnome with more than one set of freetype and
fontconfig libs on my box for some reason. There are two solutions for this as
follows;

1. Simply move all the garnome fontconfig libs to a non-library location before
you build epiphany and then move them back when you are done. The quick and
easy-might be the best way for you to go

2. Optionally you might want to choose to go with one set of
fontconfig/freetype libs for less confusion and madness. What I ended up doing
is moving the libXft, libfontconfig, and libfreetype files that come with the
Xfree86-4.3 package as well as the freetype and fontconfig includes that come
with Xfree86-4.3-devel to a backup dir where my development tools can't find
them. Doing this makes you dependant on the freetype/fontconfig, etc builds of
garnome so you have to remember this if you go back to slackpacks or the like.
I've had no trouble with my system at all since doing this, but you might not
want to attempt unless your comfy screwing with vital system files :-)

Hope this helps,

Ryan Q.