Re: Evolution still isn't working

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 14:38, Boris Goldowsky wrote:
> Tried this, using cvs checkout as shown below.  No joy.  Built fine, but
> when run:
>
> [bc yuff evolution]$ evolution
>
> Bonobo-ERROR **: Attempt to instantiate non-Bonobo/Unknown derived
> object via. BonoboObject
> aborting...

Well it works for me :)

Here's a step-by-step just in case I miscommunicated something.

1) Build the entire gnome-desktop meta-module via Garnome. Then build
all of the modules that evolution needs via Garnome. Easy way to do this
is just build evolution completely. This wastes time but if you don't
know for sure what's required it's simpler.
1) cvs -z3 checkout -r evolution-1-4-branch evolution
2) cd evolution
3) ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/XXXX/garnome --enable-pilot-conduits=no
--enable-openssl=yes --enable-nss=no [--with-krb5=/usr/kerberos on RH9].
Fill in XXXX with your username.
4) make
5) make install
6) evolution --force-shutdown (may not be necessary)

Like I said, works fine for me.
	Dan

--
Dan Siemon <dan coverfire com>