Re: Evolution still isn't working

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 01:46, William Lovaton wrote:
> Since 0.26.1 Evolution keeps crashing on startup.
> This was reported before and no body has an answer
> about it.  I got the following message:
>
> [william lovaton william]$ evolution-1.4
>
> (evolution-1.4:2680): evolution-shell-CRITICAL **:
> file e-storage-set.c: line 639
> (e_storage_set_get_folder): assertion
> `g_path_is_absolute (path)' failed
>
> Bonobo-ERROR **: Attempt to instantiate
> non-Bonobo/Unknown derived object via. BonoboObject
> aborting...
> Trace/breakpoint trap
>

> What is happening here? is there a solution to make it
> work?  This is something very bad, I need my mail back
> :-(

I believe this is the result of some ORBit changes. The Evolution
tarballs are including files that should be auto-generated.

If you pull the latest evolution from the evolution-1-4-branch and build
it into your garnome directory everything will work fine. The Garnome
Makefile for evolution contains the configure options you need to pass
[1].

The CVS command to pull from a branch looks like:
cvs -z3 checkout -r evolution-1-4-branch evolution

For those completely new to pulling sources from CVS you will need to
run ./autogen.sh with the arguments you would normally pass to
configure.
	Dan
[1] - I also needed --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos on RH9.

--
Dan Siemon <dan coverfire com>
OpenPGP Key: http://www.coverfire.com/pubkey.asc