Re: Including dependencies

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 06:52:56AM +0200, Jens Bech Madsen wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 00:55, Jerry Talkington wrote:
> > Howdy!
> >
> > Are there any plans on including all of the reqired dependencies (i.e.
> > becoming completely self sufficient,) or has this been decided against?
>
> How far do you want to take it? XFree86? gcc? glibc? kernel?

I'm talking more about things that are included in a GNU system, but not
a *nix.

> There has to be a minimum required system defined unless you want to
> start a new garnome distribution. I don't think there is any reason to
> include more than the things that aren't available in most modern Linux
> distributions (yes, I know people are using Garnome on other OS's than
> Linux which is excellent. Better testing coverage).

I'm trying to build it on MacOS X now, which is why I was asking.  I'd
like to keep it within the Garnome build structure, but I guess I could
just provide a super-patch ;)

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762