Re: Trouble with Garnome-0.26.1 and SuSE 8.2

Wayne Hannam wrote:
Had much trouble with the gnome-speech package, it was attempting to
compile some java files, that were not present, and it also couldn't
identify the RMIC compiler for IDL files.

This caused the error:

-emitAll command not found

to be generated, and the process stopeed.

I have disabled the build of the gnome-speech module for now, but any
thoughts on fixing this for other users would be useful.

Wayne Hannam

Hi Wayne,
I had the same problem with suse8.1, so I installed sun's java and then I ln -s /usr/lib/j2sdk1.4.2 /usr/lib/java
That solved the problem

Regards,
Iason