Re: 0.26.1 oddnesses - aha!

On 2003.09.03 08:09, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

On 2003.09.03 00:29, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

2) If I use the workspace switcher to switch to another desktop and then switch back, all my openwindows are offset from their original locations, usually so far that most of them are off screen. Repeatedly switching between desktops puts them at different places almost every time I switch back.

More info: If I use the Sawfish root menu to switch desktops rather than the Workspace Switcher, the displacements do not occur.

Apparently what is happening is that the switcher is now a pseudo- continuous switcher rather than a discrete-desktop switcher. That is, formerly if you clicked anywhere within the rectangle representing a desktop it would center that desktop in your viewport, but now it aligns the relative point that you clicked within the rectangle to the upper left corner of the screen.

I call it "pseudo-continuous" because it will not show things on different desktops if you try to center between them.

What is strange is that this behavior didn't revert when I failed back to 0.24.2. Perhaps I didn't clean something out thoroughly? What might be causing it if not libwnck?

--
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas