0.26.1 oddnesses

I built 0.26.1 without any problems (a refreshing change), but the behavior is really odd for two reasons:

1) My fonts are now rendered with a space between each character. This is true for application menus, applets such as the clock, and the sawfish pop-up menus.

2) If I use the workspace switcher to switch to another desktop and then switch back, all my openwindows are offset from their original locations, usually so far that most of them are off screen. Repeatedly switching between desktops puts them at different places almost every time I switch back.

Worse, I tried to fail back to 0.24.2 and I'm still getting the problems, though (2) isn't quite so bad. Also I find that I can make (1) disappear by picking certain fonts, but not just any of them.

Any suggestions will be desperately appreciated.

--
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas