Disable parallel make on per pkg basis?

Hi

On an SMP system I'm issuing "make -j 2 install" from the meta/gnome-desktop
dir.

All is sweet until it hits gnome-audio:-

ln: creating symbolic link `/opt/garnome/share/sounds/login.wav' to
`startup3.wav': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [install-default-links] Error 1

A normal "make install" makes it work.

What is the best way to disable parallel make on a per pkg basis within the
GAR system? I've tried adding ".NOTPARALLEL:" to the gnome-audio Makefile
but this doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any advice.

Greg

ps - garnome continues to rock hard! Good work.