More fun with libbz2

I've read through last May's threat about getting libbz2 on Redhat in order
to compile Gnome-VFS, but I still can't get libbz2 onto my system. I've
downloaded  the bzip2-devel-1.0.2-8.i386.rpm package, but I can't locate any
bzip source libraries anywhere. I think my system is trying to install the
package and failing. When I login as root and install the package, I'm told
the pakage is already installed, but when I query the package with rpm in
the terminal, I'm told the package is not installed.

So how do I get libbz2.h onto my system?

Thanks,
Daniel Hiester