Re: Has anyone built Garnome on debian stable?

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 17:44, Aidan Delaney wrote:
> Hey all,
> 	If anyone has built the gnome-desktop metabuid on debian stable
> I'd appreciate a list of all Debian packages needed to build it.  Tnx.

I did. Besides the stuff noted on the garnome website, I can't give you
a list of what I needed - I've built garnome since 0.5.1 and have always
just apt-getted what I needed. I think you need a couple of updates - I
have installed the Gnome backports of 2.2, which pulls in a couple of
things, XFree 4.2.1 probably the most important - I don't believe
garnome builds with woody's 4.1.
Also gcc 3.2 or 3.3 is recommended - with woody's 2.95.4 you'll have to
fix a couple of minor probs in the sources

A couple of thing outside of meta/gnome-desktop made problems:
* The X resolution switcher (forgot the name needs X 4.3)
* aspell is too old, but I think a new enough one is now in the Gnome
backports
* gnomemeeting needs a new libopenh323, now in the backports too
* To build galeon/epiphany you probably need to build the mozilla
included with garnome

Other than that, no bigs probs