Re: Newbie Question: cd meta && make install

At 11:46 PM 5/10/2003, hostmaster wrote:
After downloading garnome and performing the necessary configuration, I
run it using the following commands:

$ cd meta
$ make install

After a couple of minutes of compilation, it failed because of some
missing libraries.  This is then when I realized that I was in the wrong
directory.  So my question now is what is the difference between calling
make install in the meta directory compared to running it under
meta/gnome-desktop?

I guess it has to do with dependancies. If you examine the Makefile in the meta/gnome-desktop directory, you will notice heaps of dependancies listed. These aren't listed in the meta/ Makefile.

hth

Luke