Installing -- ./html/index.sgml produces "cannot stat './html/index.sgml': No such file or directory"

I'd installed "docbook-sgml-0.1.ebuild" (I use Gentoo) which is a
wrapper for openjade and several docbook-dtd's and all this stuff.

I read in the net that the problem is a missing SGML_CATALOG_FILES but I
inserted a "export SGML_CATALOG_FILES="/etc/sgml/catalog" into the
gar.conf.mk

The only workaround I found is to touch the necessary file every time
the build of a package fails with this message (GConf, libgnome, etc.).

Does anyone know's a better solution?
Excuse my English and thanks for reading.

--
Johannes Steinkraus