Re: Reinstalling Gnopernicus After Modification

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 05:48, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some of us from the accessibility list have worked out modifications to
> Gnopernicus so that it will work with any braille device supported by
> brltty. I located the source that garnome downloaded and did a make
> distclean, then made the modivications. However when I go to
> meta/gnome-accessibility and run make install it just reports that
> everything has been done. How do I persuade it to recompile and reinstall?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> --
> Computers to Help People, Inc.
> http://www.chpi.org
> 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703

The normal method is to make clean, but that'll also erase the contents
of the source tree.

Each package creates files in cookies/main.d/ to keep track of the build
progress - so removing cookies/main.d/install, build and configure,
should convince garnome that those steps haven't been taken yet (thus
it'll do them).

HTH, Shaun

~/garnome-0.24.2/gnome/nuvola $ make
[===== NOW BUILDING:    Nuvola-0.0.5    =====]
        [fetch] complete for Nuvola.
        [checksum] complete for Nuvola.
        [extract] complete for Nuvola.
        [patch] complete for Nuvola.
        [configure] complete for Nuvola.
        [build] complete for Nuvola.
        [all] complete for Nuvola.
~/garnome-0.24.2/gnome/nuvola $ rm -rf
cookies/main.d/{configure,build,install}*
~/garnome-0.24.2/gnome/nuvola $ make
[===== NOW BUILDING:    Nuvola-0.0.5    =====]
        [fetch] complete for Nuvola.
        [checksum] complete for Nuvola.
        [extract] complete for Nuvola.
        [patch] complete for Nuvola.
==> Running configure in work/main.d/Nuvola-0.0.5