Re: newbie

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 11:36, Lee Hoffner wrote:
> I found the problem (and the solution!): gcc did not have execute permissions
> set for group/others.
>
> I am still having some problems, though.
>
> At one point, the installer tries to get the following file:
> =====================================
> => `download/partial/gnomeicu-0.99.tar.bz2'
> Connecting to ftp.gnome.org:80... connected!
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 19:45:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> make[2]: ***
> [http//ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnomeicu/0.99/gnomeicu-0.99.tar.bz2]
   ^^^^^^^^^^

What version of garnome do you have?

I think ther may have been a bug in an old one where this protocol was
mixed up??

In general, start with a "make garchive" in the top (root) of the
garnome directory.  Don't forget to set the directory name in
gar.conf.mk!

This will pull down all the source first.

If at anytime you get stuck e.g. the site si down or it can't find the
file - ggogle for it and download it manually into the garchive
directory.  Then restart the "make garchive"

HTH
--
* Simon Wong *