Re: Nonexistent File Error

Mario Vukelic <mario vukelic dantian org> writes:

> According to
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=extutil.h&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=unstable&arch=i386 it's in oldlibs/xlib6-altdev in Debian, but this is in oldlibs for a reason, and not surprisingly installing it doesn't help :)

As I mentioned in an other post, you have to do a

ln -s /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/X11/extensions/extutil.h /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/

after installing the library.  And as Jeff mentioned, this is not always
necessary.

Btw, Jeff: It works now, even without downgrading flex.  Thanks!

HTH

 Heike