RE: tiny font fix (kinda)

I remember using misc-fixed for a while, as that doesn't get anti-aliased
and so can be used anyway. I also removed my font cache at one point, but
I didn't see any immediate effect.

Clearing .gconf put me in a worse position than I started at, so I
restored my previous one.

<rant>
BTW this issue really sucks, and there is no good analysis of it anywhere
in the gnome mailing lists, pango sites, gdk docs, or anywhere in fact.
I'm sure a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff in GNOME is improving, but
all I see is Havoc Pennington ripping vital functionality out of my window
manager in the name of consistency and "useability", while someone else
goes and breaks font support.

I would love to put together a patch that fixed the problem, but it's
pretty much impossible to pin down to a specific part of gnome without
participation from all the potential culprits. Pango is looking pretty
damn suspicious right now, though.
</rant>

Ok, I found my rattle again :)

Sorry I can't be more help- I just know it definitely started working with
XFT off, while picking "sans" as the default in the font selection dialog.

Cheers,
Mike