Garnome 0.22 and GARCHIVEDIR

I edited gar.conf.mk and set GARCHIVEDIR to the same dir as my Garnome
0.21.2 used (/home/daniel/incoming/garnome), and when I try to 'make'
anything in the garnome tree, I get the following warnings:

../../gar.mk:75: warning: overriding commands for target
`/home/daniel/incoming/garnome'
../../gar.lib.mk:115: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`/home/daniel/incoming/garnome'

And then it downloads the file again, ignoring that the file is already
in GARCHIVEDIR.

Did GARCHIVEDIR behaviour changed between 0.21.2 and 0.22? Did I do
anything wrong? I don't want to re-download all the packages I already
have.

TIA,
Daniel Serodio

--