Re: XFree86 4.3 and already installed packages (was Re: Xfree 4.3 = no need for Xft, Xft1, Xrender, and fontconfig packages)

<quote who="Danilo Segan">

> I think this would be the step toward the general-use GARNOME, even though
> it's "for testers and tweakers" (or at least I remeber Jeff saying so in
> the good [not so] ol' days ;).

Dude. Seriously. GARNOME is *not* designed for general use. Strange,
weird-arse freaks will tell you it is. They will shout from the rooftops
that GARNOME is the best thing since sliced pizza [1], they will write
articles and put it on CD-ROM cover disks, they will lure you away from the
TRUE AND MIGHTY packaging systems provided by Free Software operating
systems...

But I am here to bring you the way, the truth, and the light! Ye who goes
forth and preaches the word of GARNOME to the masses will be cast for ever
into the depths of FIERY HELL, never to return. The sulphurous caverns of
wailing and gnashing of teeth! The pits of horror, pain and anguish! THE
DARK DEPTHS OF DOOM AND DEPRAVITY! THE ARDUOUS ARMAGEDDON OF ASININE
ALLITERATION!

Yeah, so, anyway. Basically, when the revolution comes, building from source
will be first against the wall. When I say GARNOME killer, I mean point-
blank, blood-in-the-streets, etc., etc. :-)

- Jeff

[1] Sliced bread wasn't an innovation. Sliced pizza was. I mean, can you
imagine eating a family sized unsliced pizza? Fucked up.

--
                  It's not a disease, it's an occupation!