Re: evolution

sams marketing-designs com wrote:

I see the newest evolution is gnome2-ized.  Mmm . . . this looks good I
thought.  I tried to write a bunch of makefiles/checksum files to get it
up and working, but can't figure out how to make db-3.1.17 install from
the garnome script.  If anyone can figure this out I will give out the
rest of what I have to install it.  Some notes though:
evolution got out of control about 10 minutes into it's use.  99% cpu
usage.  Blasted.  Everything hung.  Probably had something to do with me
trying to use it to (god forbid) send mail.  No big deal, I know it is a
super-unstable release.
it needs to be compiled with a --without-nss (new mozilla doesn't seem
to provide it as compiled by garnome).
it needs to be compiled with the --with-db3=$pathname where pathname is
wherever you installed it ($GARPREFIX if I can get the darn Gar makefile
to do what I want).
it needs a newer libgtkhtml (I just split it into 2 directories
libgtkhtml-2 and libgtkhtml-3, which breaks other package dependencies)
it needs other dependencies that shouldn't break much of anything else.

I've included a Makefile I used for getting Berkeley-db-3.1.17 working in Garnome

but, it WORKS. And it looks nice. I haven't had a good gui mail client in quite a while. Good thing mutt was always there to back me up:) I
hope they fix this up quickly, and I wish I could give time to it.  Ah
well.

HTH,

Ben

GARNAME = db
#GARVERSION = 3.3.11
GARVERSION = 3.1.17
CATEGORIES = solaris
DESCRIPTION = Sleepycat Software\'s Berkeley DB Version 3
DISTFILES = $(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION).tar.gz

MASTER_SITES = http://sleepycat.com/update/snapshot/

define BLURB
  Berkeley DB is a programmatic toolkit that provides fast, reliable, scalable,
  and mission-critical database support to software developers.
endef

WORKSRC = work/main.d/$(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION)

CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/build_unix/configure.db3
BUILD_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/build_unix/Makefile
INSTALL_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/build_unix/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --enable-compat185 --enable-shared

pre-configure:
	touch $(WORKSRC)/build_unix/configure.db3
	$(MAKECOOKIE)

configure-$(WORKSRC)/build_unix/configure.db3:
	cd $(WORKSRC)/build_unix && $(CONFIGURE_ENV) ../dist/configure $(CONFIGURE_ARGS)
	$(MAKECOOKIE)

post-configure:
	rm $(WORKSRC)/build_unix/configure.db3
	$(MAKECOOKIE)