Re: Garnome nautilus links against /usr/lib/libnautilus?

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 08:22, Danilo Segan wrote:
> Sydney Weidman wrote:
>
> > All of these things and I *still* get the dreaded
> > "nautilus: relocation error: /usr/lib/libnautilus.so.0: undefined
> > symbol: TC_string_struct" when trying to start nautilus.
> >
> > Does this all seem on the up and up? Are there toothpicks in the
> > windmills of my mind?
>
> It's more likely to be *runtime* error, rather than compilation error.
>
> So, I'd suggest to check LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or at least try with:
> LD_PRELOAD=/home/sydw/garnome/lib/libnautilus.so nautilus
>
> Also, check your /etc/ld.so.conf if you're using a GNU/Linux system.
>
> Cheers,
> Danilo

I added LD_PRELOAD as you suggested to my garnome-session startup script
and received the same error.

I also tried to just create a symlink
/home/syd/garnome/lib/libnautilus.so.0 that links to the garnome version
of libnautilus. This caused nautilus to hang immediately after first
drawing itself (it did show all the files before hanging) using 99% cpu.
I did an strace on nautilus startup (without the funky symlink) which I
can send if you think it might be relevant.

my LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set to /home/syd/garnome/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I don't know what you mean by "check /etc/ld.so.conf". What would I be
looking for? Here it is in any case:

/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/qt2/lib