Re: Garnome nautilus links against /usr/lib/libnautilus?

Sydney Weidman wrote:

All of these things and I *still* get the dreaded
"nautilus: relocation error: /usr/lib/libnautilus.so.0: undefined symbol: TC_string_struct" when trying to start nautilus.

Does this all seem on the up and up? Are there toothpicks in the windmills of my mind?

It's more likely to be *runtime* error, rather than compilation error.

So, I'd suggest to check LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or at least try with:
LD_PRELOAD=/home/sydw/garnome/lib/libnautilus.so nautilus

Also, check your /etc/ld.so.conf if you're using a GNU/Linux system.

Cheers,
Danilo