Re: mouse wheel scroll freezes gnome2 (and x)

installing the new nvidia driver seems to have fixed
the problem, i can scroll the mouse in gnome2 to my
heart's content.  moving windows around seems to be
working better, too.

> > > Do you have MS Windows fonts installed on your
> > > system?
> >
> > yes, they are installed in
> /usr/share/fonts/truetype
>
> Try removing the *.fon fonts.

i did not have any of these *.fon fonts installed, so
i did not have to remove them.

> > > Are you using the xfree driver or the nvidia
> driver?
> >
> > nvidia driver (through the debian nvidia-glx-src
> and
> > nvidia-kernel-src packages)
>
> I've had problems in the past with the nvidia
> drivers locking up on my
> old RH7.3 (xfree-4.2) system. This is/was a known
> problem. I think that
> it might be fixed in the latest versions. ??? I
> switched to using the nv
> xfree driver in xfree-4.3 when I upgraded to RH9.
> The version in sarge
> (1.0-3123) is pretty old (albeit stable from my
> experience)...you might
> want to try upgrading to the latest version.

1.0.4643 seems to have fixed the problem i was having.
 the nvidia drivers now come with an install script
that puts everything in its right place.  i don't even
have to know how to use linux at all any more!

thanks for the help and prompt replies!

dan