Re: Epiphany won't start

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 23:31, Jens Bech Madsen wrote:

> To enable TCP in ORBit, edit your /etc/orbitrc and set

/etc/orbitrc or $HOME/garnome/etc/orbitrc didn't work, but
$HOME/.orbitrc did...

> You can also set IPv6 to 1 if you need that.
> The problem probably arises because you have a ~/.gconfd/lock/ior file.
> This file points to the location of the gconfd. If you don't have a
> gconfd running anywhere it should be save to remove the lock files with

GConfd puts the lock in /tmp/gconfd-<USER>/lock/ior, while Epiphany
looks for $HOME/.gconfd/lock/ior. I made /home/bart2/.gconfd link to
/tmp/gconfd-bart2, but Epiphany still won't work. I get these messages
on the terminal:

$ epiphany
** (epiphany-bin:4025): CRITICAL **: file ephy-automation.c: line 78
(ephy_autom ation_new): assertion `factory != NULL' failed
** (epiphany-bin:4025): WARNING **: Couldn't create the factory!

And this message in a messagebox:

Epiphany can't be used now. Running the command "bonobo-slay" from the
console m ay fix the problem. If not, you can try rebooting the computer
or installing Epi phany again.
Bonobo couldn't locate the GNOME_Epiphany_Automation.server.

I guess that's the same problem with storing settings and locks in /tmp
instead of $HOME.... Anyone who knows why the locks are stored in /tmp
and how to fix this?