Re: Just for info : problem when building control-center

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 07:52:41AM +0200, Nath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I encounter a problem while building control-center : The file
> libgnome-desktop-2.la is searched in /usr/lib but it is located in
> HOME/garnome/lib; So to solve this problem and because I don't know how
> to solve it editing the Makefile I created a symbolic link like this :
> ln -s HOME/garnome/lib/libgnome-destop-2.la /usr/lib/libgnome-desktop-2.la
>
> After that the control-center compilation worked.
>
> How to fix that more properly ?

Doing a make install in
gnome/control-center/work/main.d/control-center-2.3.4/libwindow-settings
fixed the problem here.

Because libwindow-settings wasn't installed, libtool used the system
libgnome-window-settings.la (from gnome-control-center debian pkg). Which
contains a reference to /usr/lib/libgnome-desktop-2.la, but that doesn't
exist so it throws an error. After installing there is a
~/garnome/lib/libgnome-window-settings.la with the correct refrences

  Sjoerd
--
No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation with detail.