Re: docbook -- missing index.sgml files

> > Now, that I created more than a handful of index.sgml files to continue
> > compilation, I really wonder what I have missed. From other posts and
> > the website, I believe the missing libs are mentioned as:
> >
> > docbook-xml (Docbook DTD 4.1.2) + docbook-xsl (Docbook XSL Stylesheets)
> >
> > I have installed these from my distro (MDK 9.1) -- at least I think so,
> > cause the package names differ slightly.
> >
> > What are the required libs called exactly, so that I can find them in
> > the packages? TIA
>
> if you look at the output of the gtkdoc-mkdb it will tell you what is
> happening, and what file is missing.

I am afraid, I do not know about gtkdoc-mkdb. Maybe this is already the
culprit... ;)

Please, can you give me some more hints?

> I believe it is called
> docbook-style-xsl-doc for mandrake.  But I am not sure that is all you
> need.  I downloaded/installed openjade, docbook, stylesheets, etc. from
> the blfs hint (yes, I am one of those massochists that runs LFS)
> maybe you don't have openjade installed?  Either way, go to the doc
> directory, do a make clean, then a make 1>test.log 2>&1 (in the doc
> directory) and post it.  I will show everyone exactly where the error
> lay.

The package docbook-style-xsl-doc really wasn't installed, but I
apparently did not solve the problems about those missing files.

Here are some of the currently installed packaged in this regard:

$ rpm -qa | grep docbook
docbook-dtd31-sgml-1.0-6mdk
docbook-dtd412-xml-1.0-13mdk
docbook-style-xsl-1.60.1-2mdk
docbook-style-xsl-doc-1.60.1-2mdk

$ rpm -qa | grep openjade
openjade-1.3.1-14mdk
libopenjade0-1.3.1-14mdk

I don't know, which doc directory you are referring to (the one
failing?), as there is in almost every project a doc directory.

Any hints are really appreciated.

I am currently back to creating those files by hand. Had to start over
today due to a silly action of mine. However, seems there will be an end
soon, as the compile already took 1.4 GByte and there is only 0.5 GByte
left...

(Yep, this means, the notes on the website are outdated...)

...guenther