Re: docbook -- missing index.sgml files

guenther (guenther rudersport de) wrote:
> cheers again hackers;
>
> Now, that I created more than a handful of index.sgml files to continue
> compilation, I really wonder what I have missed. From other posts and
> the website, I believe the missing libs are mentioned as:
>
> docbook-xml (Docbook DTD 4.1.2) + docbook-xsl (Docbook XSL Stylesheets)
>
> I have installed these from my distro (MDK 9.1) -- at least I think so,
> cause the package names differ slightly.
>
> What are the required libs called exactly, so that I can find them in
> the packages? TIA
if you look at the output of the gtkdoc-mkdb it will tell you what is
happening, and what file is missing.  I believe it is called
docbook-style-xsl-doc for mandrake.  But I am not sure that is all you
need.  I downloaded/installed openjade, docbook, stylesheets, etc. from
the blfs hint (yes, I am one of those massochists that runs LFS)
maybe you don't have openjade installed?  Either way, go to the doc
directory, do a make clean, then a make 1>test.log 2>&1 (in the doc
directory) and post it.  I will show everyone exactly where the error
lay.

--
Samuel Stringham                   /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Computer Consultant                \ /    Respect for open standards