pwlib and openh323 (plus release news)

Hi all,

GnomeMeeting 0.98.x, which is now part of the 2.3.x desktop release, depends
on the latest versions of pwlib and openh323 (links to these available on
gnomemeeting.org). Right now, I can't build GnomeMeeting, because neither of
these are updated to their latest versions in Debian sid.

I'd like to include them in the misc/ section of GARNOME, because I know
everyone and his dog will have problems with these, even after they're in
Debian sid (everyone on stable platform distros, proprietary *nixes, etc).
Unfortunately, I simply don't have time to wrangle them into garballs at
this stage; they are somewhat challenging to get right.

So, if someone would like to take this on, and contribute garballs, it would
be hugely appreciated by the entire GARNOME testing community. Plus, I will
provide heaps of support and guidance if required. :-)

In release news, there'll be a new GARNOME by the end of the weekend, to
accompany the GNOME 2.3.3 release. There will be big warnings on it saying
that it may not provide a hugely complete desktop... Some stuff doesn't
build against 2.3.x yet (minor problems, but annoying). For the first time,
I will be recommending that GARNOME users who use their testing desktop full
time should install over their previous GARNOME versions. :-)

Thanks,

   "The plural of lego is legouch, from when you tread on those plural on
                  the floor in bare feet." - Telsa Gwynne