Weird Freezing Problems

I just compiled the latest CVS version of gnome and then the latest with
garnome from CVS.  In both cases, when ever I click on the desktop
(background or icons), my whole desktop freezes for a couple seconds.
If I click back on a window or the panel, it will freeze again for a
couple seconds.  Basically, if I transition from desktop to a window or
from a window to the desktop, I get a small freeze.  Anyone have this
problem or a fix for it?

Stephen Gerstacker