Re: FAM and Garnome

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 06:59, MArk Finlay wrote:
> I've been running Garnome a few months now and have never had fam
> running. I can't say I've ever tryed to make it run. Before I go and try
> to debug it I'd love to find out if anyone else has this problem and if
> anyone has any advice on it.

Well, what's the problem?

I setup fam on Debian because I found it was required by the web site
editor/manger I've started looking at called screem (screem.org).

To get it to work with Gnome you need gnome-vfs compiled with fam
support i.e. you need to have the fam devel libraries installed so they
are detected when gnome-vfs is compiled.

I have fam being started by inetd (the std way Debian sets it up) and it
works fine.

--
* Simon Wong *