Re: garnome for all users - how?

<quote who="Rodd Clarkson">

> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 15:44, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Klaus D. Neumann">
> >
> > > I finally succeeded in installing garnome 0.20. It probably wasn't the
> > > smartest idea to install it as root. Now only root can use it. Is there
> > > a simple way to make it accessible for other users?
> >
> > Yes, just change the permissions on your /root directory.
>
> Thank goodness he didn't ask for a simple, but 'not stupid' way to make
> it accessible ;-]
>
> Mmmm, /root directory access for all....

Well, read access. Yes, it's a stupid thing to do [1]. But then, so is not
reading the documentation, and installing GARNOME as root. :-)

- Jeff

[1] I attempt to assume that people who use GARNOME know what they're doing,
because it's designed for "TESTERS", not "random Joe off the street who
thinks that compiling all his software is cool". I can't help Joe.

--
    "And the only time I met George W Bush, he said to me, 'Hey Mike! Go
              find real work.' Of all people!" - Michael Moore