Re: question about startup

Here's what I do to get the newly built Gnome2 started.

Add $HOME/garnome/bin to my PATH
Add $HOME/garnome/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set GDK_USE_XFT=1

Remember to export these to set them.  I usually put these in my
.bash_profile so it's automatically done when I log in.

I then add an entry in my.xinitrc file that looks like this:

# GNOME 2
exec $HOME/garnome/bin/gnome-session

This has always worked for me.

Damon