faq entry? libxml fails

It turns out that if you use -malign-functions with gcc-3.2, it issues
a warning on every compilation that it would prefer -falign-functions.
This would be fine, except that the warning confuses some configure
tests, such as the one in libxml that tries to find out about
socklen_t.  This in turn causes the build to break there, though I
think the same problem will happen in other places.

So, basically, I'd suggest it's important to make sure that your cc
invocation does not generate spurious warnings.

It sounds so obvious when I put it that way :-)

--
Martin

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he hid Piglet's mangled corpse.