garnome-0.20.0 - brief build summary

Hey folks,

I build garnome-0.20.0 and had the following joys(problems).

* meta/gnome-desktop -> gnome-terminal
 Same issue with gnome-terminal and gcc-2.95 as reported earlier in the
list

* gnome-hacker-tools -> ghex
 The ghex patch did not apply properly. I had to apply it by hand using
patch with "-F 3" option(?) and removed the file from "PATCHFILES" in
the Makefile. I didn't had time to figure out why it did not apply
correct.

* magicdev (forgot which garball triggered the build of magicdev, I
think it does not matter here:)
 The file "rpm2cpio" had no x-bit set on file permissions, so it
complained about "no permission" when being executed -> somebody with
the same problem?

* meta/gnome-fifth-toe -> balsa
  Building failed when trying to download balsa from
http//balsa.gnome.org/balsa-2.0.3.tar.bz2. Changing GARVERSION in
Makefile to "2.0.5" and updating checksums file to
"4a8ab1c6733133b38ae0ff3fa53a3361  download/balsa-2.0.5.tar.bz2" fixes
that problem!?
 For those who get trouble compiling balsa concerning aspell-0.5: I had
to install aspell 0.5 and to remove pspell! This is important, because
pspell is merged with aspell now and configure of balsa will fail if
pspell is installed.

* gtk-breeze folder does not exist.....I think you already know that...

Now I will start to run that baby...

-- Rolf Kulemann

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
		-- Johnny Hart