Re: Why does GARNOME depend on KDE?

<quote who="?smund Skj?veland">

> I downloaded GARNOME 0.19.5 to test GNOME 2, and did the standard make
> install.

No, you didn't - the "standard install" is described in the documentation,
and does not involve building KDE. Please READ THE DOCUMENTATION.

> (This  is  not  completely  trivial,  because  of  diskspace issues.) I
> notice  that it downloads KDE 3. Why? It's  GNOME I want to test, not KDE.

Then don't build KDE. It's there for interop testing, and because it's
handy. But it is not included in the "standard" build that the documentation
describes.

    "I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity." - George W. Bush (by
                            way of Miles Nordin)