Re: Making garchive with only the already-downloaded packages

On Wed February 26 2003 17:42, Daniel Serodio wrote:
>After building and installing garnome in my work computer, I
> wanted to bring home the already downloaded garballs, and tried
> the same steps as you. If you can solve this problem, please post
> on the list.
>
>On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 19:18, Åsmund Skjæveland wrote:
>> Is it possible to 'make  garchive' and only put the
>> already-downloaded garballs in the  garchive? After I build the
>> gnome-desktop, I want to unclutter  my disk  (I  have three
>> partial  garchives from  different versions,  and I  don't  know
>> how  much  overlap there  is), and  make garchive  makes   this
>> easy.   But  simply   'cd  garnome-0.21.2;  cd
>> meta/gnome-desktop; make garchive;' does  nothing, that is, the
>> script installs all the  packages in that directory, which is
>> none. If I try 'make  garchive'  in gnome/,  it  will put  all
>> the  packages in  the garchive, and download those that are not
>> already downloaded.
>>
>> Is there a  simple way to put all and only  the downloaded
>> packages in the garchive?  Also, this  would make it  easier to
>> export  garnome to off-line computers.

One must edit the top level gar.mk I think it is, to point
GARCHIVE_DIR (IIRC thats the correct name, its in the file but
commented out by default, and the howto does discuss its use) to
whereever you have the already downlaoded stuff.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III 500mhz 320M