Re: libgda-0.10.0/garnome-0.21.0 - sqlucode.h problem when compiling libgda

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 20:16, sams marketing-designs com wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann (kulemann gmx de) wrote:
> > Did anybody succeed in compiling libgda-0.10.0 in garnome-0.21.0?
> > I get a "parse error" in file "sqlucode.h" which is part of unixODBC.
> > I also tried different versions of unixODBC(2.0.x and 2.2.4).
> >
> > Here is the make output:In file included from gda-odbc.h:34,
> >                  from gda-odbc-provider.c:28:
> > /usr/local/include/sqlucode.h:45: parse error before `SQLLEN'
> --snip--
> > --
> > Rolf Kulemann
> >
> This is definately a unixODBC issue, see what the line 45 of sqlucode.h
> is.  It will point you in the right direction.  It probably isn't
> including all the header files it needs to.
You are right. The problem is, that SQLLEN and SQLULEN....are not
defined if libgda includes the unixODBC headers. There are some ifdefs
around that part in sqltypes.h.
I couldn't yet figure out why(not enough time at the mom).
I cannot imagine that I'm the only one having that problem.
I also tried different versions of unixODBC but it's always the same
problem.

If there is somebody out there not having that libgda problem, please
tell me which version of unixODBC you are using.

--
Rolf Kulemann

The giraffe you thought you offended last week is willing to be nuzzled
today.