Re: [SOLVED] - cannot build gedit

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:46:04 +0100
Jens Bech Madsen <jbm oncable dk> wrote:
[...]

> Looks like you're using a compiler which doesn't accept variable
> declarations in other places than the beginning of a block (such as gcc
> < 3.0).

actually its gcc-3.2.  rpm -qa | grep gcc:

gcc-3.2-36
(and others...)

> Edit the above-mentioned file and make sure the declarations of
> optionmenu and dlg are at the beginning of the block they are declared
> in.

Tried this, didn't seem to work, what actually got it was including a hard-coded include file for gtkoptionsmenu.h

#include "/usr/local/garnome-0.27.1/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkoptionsmenu.h"

Then it compiled.  I assume it's picking up my system's default gtk first.  I don't like this solution as it mixes stuff, but it'll do for now...

Maybe I should rebuild gtk and install into /usr/local/.  By default does gcc check /usr/local/include before /usr/include?

Thx,

Josh