Re: WOW! It's... El Prototypo! (New GARNOME format.)

<quote who="Matt Rose">

> 1.  Weird thing with bug-buddy, that may happen with other GARS as well.
>    set build-clean, then do a make paranoid-install.  If that fails, then
> when you go to do the paranoid-install again, it tries to compile
> bug-buddy again, but can't, because the build has cleaned out all the
> source files.  this is the error I get
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/mattrose/elprototypo-0.0.1/desktop/bug-buddy'
> [===== NOW BUILDING:    bug-buddy-2.5.2 =====]
>         [fetch] complete for bug-buddy.
>         [checksum] complete for bug-buddy.
> install -d work/main.d
> /bin/sh: line 1: cd: work/main.d/bug-buddy-2.5.2: No such file or
> directory
> intltoolize: neither 'configure.ac' nor 'configure.in' exists
> Try 'intltoolize --help' for more information.

Yep, lwillis reported this on IRC, and it has been fixed for the next
release.

> Unfortunately, I'm not enough of a GAR wizard to figure out why it's not
> figuring out that it's compiled it.

It's just a Jeff-being-lazy fuckup. :-) The post-extract rule needs a
$(MAKECOOKIE), some do, most don't.

> From what I can gather.  Libtool is creating a
> libwindow-settings/libgnome-window-settings.la file with the -lasound
> flag, but for some reason, ld can't find it, even though it's in
> /usr/lib
>
> Any ideas?

Other than libaudiofile not being built by default anymore... no. If you
have a libaudiofile-dev (or equivalent), it ought to work fine. Let me know
if you figure this one out.

Thanks,

   "Oh my god, if I get killed, Meryl Streep will get an award playing my
          life and I would be really pissed off." - Susan Sarandon