Is there any way to finish a partly completed download?

Hello,

I was installing garnome-0.28.3.  So I downloaded the
garnome-0.28.3.tar.bz2 file and installed it. However I run into
trouble.  It seems that wget timed out (in all of its retries!) during
the glib's download! This left me with a pretty much useless GNOME. It
did manage to get a whole ton of stuff, including some Mono things and
metacity and ORBit and ...

Indeed, a simple "ls gnome/*/download/*.tar.{gz,bz2} | wc -l" on the directory of where I uncompressed the garnome's tarball returns 176.

I tried to repeat the "make install" step, figuring it will just
continue, but not a chance.  I can attach a compressed bzip2 file of the
transcript of any such attempt upon request. The installer simply fails, instead of reying to continue de incomplete files.

I have also searched this mailing list (and the FAQ) for similar
question, as I figured it would have been a really frequent question,
but I was surprised as I didn't found the reply.

One more thing, I am charged by the megabyte of transmition.  So I
definetly do not want to download the whole thing again. The 176 files I already downloaded have already costed me 197 Mb of my quota.

So, is it posible to convince garnome to use a repository of partly
downloaded tarballs? "tar" returns a special return code when the error it gets is caused by an incomplete file. I would be willing to modify the script to make use of this code.

Once I am at this question, can I keep my garnome updated by downloading only the patches rather than the whole sources? This would also be a modification I am willing to make, if nobody has done it before and you could tell me how to start.

Thanks in advance,

Víctor Rafael Rivarola