Fontconfig troubles

Okay, as some have probably noticed, fontconfig.org is down atm.

It's not that easy to find the packages too, so I'd suggest to use keithp.com CVS server.

I've checked out the following modules:

- module fontconfig, tag "fc-2_2_90"
- module Render, tag "render-0_8"
- module Xrender, tag "xrender-0_8_3"
- module Xft, tag "Xft-2_1_2"

All of these from:
:pserver:anoncvs keithp com:/local/src/CVS

(set that as your CVSROOT, or pass it with "-d" parameter to "cvs").

I've tried making tarballs to put on my site, but unfortunately, my SGML declaration is incorrect (some characters are not defined in base set, I guess), so it doesn't build.

So, once you check out these, you need to do:
 ./autogen.sh && make dist
and you'll get yourself a nice tarball to use with Garnome.

If you cannot make it work, you may install them independently of Garnome (./autogen.sh --all-the-configure-args && make && su -c "make install"), and just remove all the dependencies that call for them (check LIBDEPS in eg. pango/Makefile, etc).

I hope this will be of any use to anyone.

Cheers,
Danilo