FAQ update

Dear Jeff,

I've made some changes in the text for the FAQ on the garnome homepage. Do you think it's usefull ? I'm willing to put some more work in it to keep it upto date. As it might be quite usefull if the most asked questions are in there.

Best regards

Stef

item 1

In both cases you will need to adapt the "proxy.mynetwork.tld:8080/" to point to your own proxy server or your ISP's proxy server.

Method 1 works only when you start the build like this, so you will need to start the build like this every time. The second time will last until you download a new version of garnome.</P>
item 2

<li><b>Starting gnome crashes at startup with the following error:</></li>

1. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the following problem: Could not resolve the address "xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.mandatory" in the configuration file ~garnome/etc/gconf/2/path Coulden't resolve address for the configuration source: can't read from or write to file XML root directory in the address "xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.mandatory"
Edit the following line in the file ~garnome/etc/gconf/2/path<br>
xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.mandatory. Add a # sign at the begining of the line.<br>

2. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the following problem: Could not resolve the address "xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.defaults" in the configurat\ion file ~garnome/etc/gconf/2/path Coulden't resolve address for the configurat\ion source: can't read from or write to file XML root directory in the address "xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.defaults"
Edit the following line in the file ~garnome/etc/gconf/2/path<br>
xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.defaults. Add a # sign at the begining of the line.

item 3
512MB once installed.</p>

item 4

meta-gnome-desktop garball with time(1) returns:</p>

user    109m39.981s<br>
sys     34m22.969s<br>
</tt></p>