RPM problem--trying to build Evolution 1.3.1

Hi,

So far, GARNOME has been working fine for me (after building the
gnome-desktop, etc.)  But I tried to update my older version of
Evolution with Evolution 1.3.1 using GARNOME to build it.  I almost got
through the installation, but when it got to the part where it needs to
have palm-pilot connectivity files, etc. it says:

checking for pilot-link version >= 0.11.4... configure: error:
pilot-link >= 0.11.4 required

So, I go and get pilot-link-0.11.7-1mdk.i586.rpm (I am using Mandrake
9.0).  When I try to install this, is gives me this error:

error: failed dependencies:
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by pilot-link-0.11.7-1mdk

So, I go and get glibc-2.3.2-2mdk.i586.rpm and try to install it, and I
get this error:

error: failed dependencies:
	initscripts < 6.91-18mdk conflicts with glibc-2.3.2-2mdk

So, I then search on the internet if I can get just the libc.so.6 file
to put in the /lib directory.  I then realize that I ALREADY have this
file in my /lib directory on my computer.

My question is really, why does the pilot-link rpm not recognize the
fact that I DO have libc.so.6 on my computer?  Thanks for any ideas, or
help.

- Andy